Thursday 22 December 2011

The return of the frustrated traveller

Exclusive Villas in Bali Back from my expensive travels to Jakarta whereby I passed my papers over to the intrepid shippers then sat in the airport for several hours as I waited their return.
I have to say I took Air Asia to Jakarta and exited the plane in T3 which is a lovely airport terminal, modern light and airy.  There were plenty of places to sit and all areas had an abundance of free WIFI so all in all a very pleasant experience.
In all the years that I have been coming to Indonesia I have seen many changes.  From 1995 when the road from the airport to the city passed through a large building site which is now the road that passes from the airport to the city.  In 1996 around February time the rains were intense causing this area to flood seriously making a simple journey from the airport impossible and one that I made took some 12 hours.  Today you can slip easily from the Soekarno International airport to downtown Jakarta in a matter of less than 1 hour.  So with a modern airport in parts a relatively new road, a visit to Jakarta which is fast becoming a very modern metropolis is indeed a must see.
Jakarta or Indonesia with 250M people then this country is a force to be reckoned with as it would appear to me that Indonesians are getting richer.  Their infra-structure is fast improving which only means an economic power house is fast emerging.  I would very much like to extend my warm wishes to the government of Indonesia in the way that they have embraced democracy and the steps they have taken to improve the lot of the Indonesian people.  Of course they have a few areas in which to address which are quite critical to the long term credibility of this fledgling economic power house.  But I remain convinced that this country is indeed to the place to be right now.
For me I have passed my time with my current hobby of building websites for successful businesses here in Indonesia and other parts of the globe.  Take a look at the wonderful quality, style and design of Indonesian Bali Villas that are available for rental for exclusive Villas then look at www.theleadingvillasofbali.com or www.bookingvillasinbali.com or for value then www.budgetvillasinbali.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsers

ShareThis