Monday 26 December 2011

Seminyak and its many sophisticated attractions

Villa Atas Ombak A Luxury Villa from The Leading Villas of Bali
The Corner Store or is it the Tuck Shop as the menu implies, regardless of which this makes for a lovely bolt hole here in Seminyak.  The coffee is just enak or those english speakers it is delicious,  the atmosphere is lively and fun as it is a very popular location.

The only issue that I can see is that the location is on a very busy corner of Jalan Kayu Aya and Drupardi.  But for the coffee, the atmosphere, the noise is a small price to pay.
Seminyak remains one of the more fashionable areas of Bali, appealing to the upwardly mobile class usually with kids.  This area seems to me to be the evolution from Kuta as you settle into adult life, Kuta being the party district with a raucous behavior found on the streets as you pass through the night.  Seminyak on the other hand has many boutique villas for holiday rentals aimed at couples or couples with families.  There are many exclusive restaurants such as the Ku De Ta, as well as bars that appeal to the calmer elements of our society.  You will also find many boutique shops along the way as Bali is known for its style and contemporary designs, most of which you will find in the decor and beautiful stylish layouts of the villas themselves.

As I sit here and enjoy my second cup of coffee, I have noticed a shop across the way, it's a boutique with what looks like designer clothes the roof is of thatch and the sign says very simply Ï love Bali".  I am sure, in fact I have heard that that is a sentiment echoed by many as you pass through the Indonesian archipelago.   

A pleasant night out in Seminyak not from The Tuck Shop
Having said that I have noticed over my 16years of being here in Indonesia that many of the 250M or so Indonesians all aspire to live in Bali. If you pass around Bali you will see many Europeans, Australians even Americans have made Bali their home.  All this bodes well for the many positive tombs that I have blogged in regard to this wonderful place.

I have just been passed a cold towel from the "Tuck Shop" staff as I am in the outside area of the "Corner Store" and Bali as always does not disappoint when it comes to holiday weather.

I wish everyone well and I hope that some day you can visit this fabulous place of exciting style, seas and atmosphere.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsers

ShareThis